Back-end Software Engineer (Django), Lausanne, Switzerland
We are looking for a talented Back-end Software Engineer (Django) to join our growing team in Lausanne. Pix4D develops drone-photogrammetry software and products that enable tens of thousands of professionals around the world to process, visualize, assess and edit their own maps and 3D models.
You will join a multinational team working on the development of cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions. You will have the opportunity to work with product owners, experienced software engineers and domain experts to extend and improve the Pix4D Cloud servers infrastructure, Pix4D Cloud API and the Django web application, used by hundreds of customers every day.
You will have learned by direct experience that the most important characteristic of software is maintainability. As such, you strive to keep your code simple, readable and testable. You understand the importance of testing and your definition of “finished” includes a thorough testing phase. You are passionate about your craft, you enjoy sharing good practices via pair programming and learning from others.
- Design and develop back-end applications based on Django framework
- Expand, evolve, and maintain the Pix4D Cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Design and develop the Pix4D Cloud API
- Act as a key stakeholder for technical development teams and external partners
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- 2+ years of proven experience with Django framework or similar
- Experience working with AWS or similar is plus
- University background in Computer Engineering is a plus
- Strong organizational skills to work autonomously. Able to deliver pragmatic solutions
- At ease when interacting with development and sales & marketing teams
- High English language proficiency, written and spoken
- Flexible and open-minded to feel at home in a fast-growing technology company
A company that faces problems together and values people first and foremost when achieving goals.
Highly collaborative structure maximizes each person's expertise and creativity.
Active work culture and support system that reaches beyond working hours.
Prime location to enjoy Switzerland and Europe.