Software Engineer (C++), Lausanne, Switzerland
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our growing team in Lausanne. Pix4D develops drone photogrammetry software and products that enable tens of thousands of professionals around the world to process, visualize, assess and edit their own maps and 3D models.
You will join a multinational development team working on the desktop Pix4Dmapper software following agile methodologies. Your main task will be to use your software engineering expertise both to design and develop the software, and contribute good software engineering practices to the team.
You’ve learned by direct experience that the most important characteristic of software is maintainability. As such, you strive to keep your code simple, readable and testable. You understand the importance of testing and your definition of “done” includes proper tests: as close to unit tests as possible. You know that sometimes it makes sense to take on technical debt, but that it is a strategic decision and that it must be paid back immediately after. You are passionate about your craft, you enjoy sharing good practices in pair programming and learning from others.
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of core software components
- Define clean, safe and reusable APIs for applications
- Engage daily in code reviews and promote good software engineering practices
- Actively participate in the team and company’s agile process
- Excellence in modern C++ programming, focused on code quality, simplicity and ease of maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of modern software engineering principles and techniques: continuous integration, code reviews, test-driven development, refactoring, incremental delivery, effective git or mercurial
- Knowledge on how to profile and debug applications on Windows/Mac/Linux
- 5+ years experience
- Qt framework or event-driven system knowledge are a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and pride in high-quality work
- English language, written and spoken
A company that faces problems together and values people first and foremost when achieving goals.
Highly collaborative structure maximizes each person's expertise and creativity.
Active work culture and support system that reaches beyond working hours.
Prime location to enjoy Switzerland and Europe.