Machine Learning Manager (Data Science, Deep Learning, Image Processing), Lausanne, Switzerland
Pix4D develops drone photogrammetry software and products that enable tens of thousands of professionals around the world to process, visualize, assess and edit their own maps and 3D models.
We are looking for a passionate manager to lead our distributed team of Machine Learning experts. The Pix4D Machine Learning team designs and develops state-of-the-art Machine Learning algorithms and integrates them into applications owned by the Pix4D product teams to bring powerful new tools to our users.
You will lead the Pix4D Platform Machine Learning team in the Lausanne and Berlin offices and will work with the Director of Platform Development to develop strategy and best practices for Data Science and Machine Learning projects in Pix4D Platform Ecosystem to ensure these projects have a direct impact on our customers. The ideal candidates will demonstrate strong skills in software architecture, Data Science (DS) and Machine Learning (ML) with a proven ability to guide distributed teams to repeatable, measurable success in challenging projects.
- Guide individual ML and DS experts in their research, design, implementation, validation and maintenance of Machine Learning algorithms for image segmentation, object detection, object counting and other problem domains.
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of Pix4D Platform software components.
- Recruiting of Machine Learning (ML) and Data Science (DS) experts.
- Actively participate in the team and Company’s agile processes.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary software product team and engage in technical discussions in a creative, interactive and dynamic team-based environment.
- Strong understanding of deep learning and other machine learning algorithms and architectures.
- Experience in image segmentation and object detection is a strong plus.
- Ability to justify decisions with quantitative analyses and to guide the team to do the same with proper attention to validation.
- Proven ability to lead architecture and management of complex software projects.
- Experience managing teams working with modern software methodologies including but not limited to:
- Systematic unit, integration and quality testing
- Continuous integration
- Source control and systematic peer code-review
- Fluent in Python, Java or C++ with a preference for all 3.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient written and spoken English language skills.
Nice to have
- Strong background in statistics, applied mathematics and algorithms with relevant work or academic experience in Machine Learning and/or Data Science.
- PhD in Computer Vision, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar hard-science field.
- Experience with deep learning tools such as Caffe, PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban or similar agile processes.
A highly collaborative working environment.
A supportive culture with flexible working time and collaboration tools.
Team members are expected to speak up, to apply their expertise and explore their creativity.
An ambitious, goal-oriented company which values people.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV AND A COVER LETTER IN ENGLISH
Pix4D is a developer of cutting edge software that converts images taken by hand, drone, or plane into survey-grade accurate and georeferenced 2D mosaics, 3D models and point clouds. Founded in 2011, Pix4D is rapidly expanding from its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, to offices in San Francisco, Berlin,Shanghai and Madrid.
Pix4D technology enables lightweight civilian drones to become mapping and surveying tools for 3D reconstruction of any changing environment. It forms the base of many cloud-processing solutions and is used by thousands of professionals worldwide on desktop (Windows, OS X, Linux) mobile (iOS and Android) and cloud environments.