Senior Machine Learning R&D Engineer (Deep Learning, Image Processing)
We are looking for a talented and curious Machine Learning R&D Engineer to join our growing team in Berlin. You will be part of a skilled Machine Learning team at Pix4D and your task will be to drive the team's R&D development agenda and to design, evaluate and implement image segmentation and object detection pipelines based on Machine Learning techniques that will be integrated in Pix4D products and have a direct impact on our clients. The ideal candidates will demonstrate outstanding skills in Machine Learning, in particular with Deep Learning and Image Processing.
At Pix4D we tackle problems that leverage 3D and 2D information, such as point cloud classification, segmentation and object detection.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀3D Reconstruction From Drone Imagery
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀3D Point Cloud Classification through Machine Learning
Pix4D develops drone photogrammetry software and products that enable tens of thousands of professionals around the world to process, visualize, assess and edit their own maps and 3D models. We are looking for passionate Machine Learning experts to design and develop state-of-the-art Machine Learning algorithms and bring new powerful tools to our users.
- Research, design, implement and maintain Machine Learning algorithms for image segmentation, object detection and object counting
- Drive the team's technical R&D and ML agenda, foster ML skill development of team members
- Engage in the full product life-cycle from early concepts and prototypes to full deployment
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of core software components
- Work as part of a team and engage in technical discussions in a creative, interactive and dynamic team-based environment
- Actively participate in the team and Company’s agile processes
- In-depth understanding of deep learning and other machine learning algorithms
- 3+ years of relevant work or academic experience in Machine Learning
- Leading contributor to at least 2 image processing ML projects. In case of academic projects, documented by publications.
- Fluent in Python and C++
- Master's degree with excellent grades in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Very strong problem solving skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English language skills
- Flexible and open-minded to feel at home in a fast growing international technology company
- Strong software engineering background
- Experience in image segmentation and object detection
- PhD (Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field)
- Experience with deep learning tools such as Caffe, PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience in designing R&D agendas and disseminating ML knowledge
A highly collaborative structure which maximizes each person's expertise and creativity.
A you-can work culture and support system with flexible working time and collaboration tools.
An ambitious company which values people first and foremost when achieving goals.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV AND A COVER LETTER IN ENGLISH
Pix4D is a developer of cutting edge software that converts images taken by hand, drone, or plane into survey-grade accurate and georeferenced 2D mosaics, 3D models and point clouds. Founded in 2011, Pix4D is rapidly expanding from its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, to offices in San Francisco, Berlin,Shanghai and Madrid.
Pix4D technology enables lightweight civilian drones to become mapping and surveying tools for 3D reconstruction of any changing environment. It forms the base of many cloud-processing solutions and is used by thousands of professionals worldwide on desktop (Windows, OS X, Linux) mobile (iOS and Android) and cloud environments.