Machine Learning R&D Engineer (Deep Learning, Image Processing), Berlin, Germany
We are looking for a talented and curious Machine Learning R&D Engineer to join our growing team in Berlin. You will be part of a skilled Machine Learning team at Pix4D and your task will be to design, evaluate and implement image segmentation and object detection pipelines based on Machine Learning techniques that will be integrated in Pix4D products and have a direct impact on our clients. The ideal candidates will demonstrate outstanding skills in Machine Learning, in particular with Deep Learning and Image Processing. At Pix4D we tackle problems that leverage 3D and 2D information, such as point cloud classification, segmentation and object detection.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀3D Reconstruction From Drone Imagery
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀3D Point Cloud Classification through Machine Learning
Pix4D develops drone photogrammetry software and products that enable tens of thousands of professionals around the world to process, visualize, assess and edit their own maps and 3D models. We are looking for passionate Machine Learning experts to design and develop state-of-the-art Machine Learning algorithms and bring new powerful tools to our users.
- Research, design, implement and maintain Machine Learning algorithms for image segmentation, object detection and object counting
- Engage in the full product life-cycle from early concepts and prototypes to full deployment
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of core software components
- Work as part of a team and engage in technical discussions in a creative, interactive and dynamic team-based environment
- Actively participate in the team and Company’s agile processes
- Understanding of deep learning and other machine learning algorithms
- Experience in computer vision and image processing. Additional experience in image segmentation and object detection is a strong plu
- Strong background in statistics, applied mathematics and algorithms
- PhD (Computer Science, Information Science or Electrical Engineering) is a plus
- Relevant work or academic experience in Machine Learning
- Experience with deep learning tools such as Caffe, PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Fluent in Python and C++
- Strong problem solving skills
- Flexible and open-minded to feel at home in a fast growing international technology company
- Proficient spoken and written English language skills
A highly collaborative structure which maximizes each person's expertise and creativity.
A you-can work culture and support system with flexible working time and collaboration tools.
An ambitious company which values people first and foremost when achieving goals.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV AND A COVER LETTER IN ENGLISH
Pix4D is a developer of cutting edge software that converts images taken by hand, drone, or plane into survey-grade accurate and georeferenced 2D mosaics, 3D models and point clouds. Founded in 2011, Pix4D is rapidly expanding from its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, to offices in San Francisco, Berlin,Shanghai and Madrid.
Pix4D technology enables lightweight civilian drones to become mapping and surveying tools for 3D reconstruction of any changing environment. It forms the base of many cloud-processing solutions and is used by thousands of professionals worldwide on desktop (Windows, OS X, Linux) mobile (iOS and Android) and cloud environments.